The last couple of days I’ve been seeing this award being given out, and I totally love the idea behind it. It’s such a great way to acknowledge the amazing blogs of people you follow, not to mention it helps your followers get in touch with some other really great people whose stories might inspire you, disgust you, or simply make you laugh uncontrollably. I, personally, love reading all three of those types of stories!
is the first
person I don’t know from “real life” whose blog I seriously followed (thanks to the Dooce Community
– seriously, if you don’t know what it is, check it out), and she also happens to be the person who nominated me for this award – thank you!! I’ve totally loved reading through the archives of her blog and realizing that though we’re really different people, we have a lot in common, including stubborn uterus’ & a love of all things beer & cheese related. 🙂
This award has some rules upon acceptace. Do the Grammys have rules? I seriously doubt it. But it’s still a good idea. 🙂 On a side note, I live in a teensy-weensie town in Colorado (read: under 1000 people with dirt roads) and the grammys are actually made in this town. How random is that?! You can go in the guy’s shop and he shows you how he does it. Pretty damn cool.
Sorry, I got sidetracked… at any rate…
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award. – CHECK.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog. – CHECK.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award. – CHECK.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself. – Be afriad, be very afriad…
5. Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers. – This could be interesting, considering a lot of my “real live” friends that I follow don’t know this blog exists so unless I feel like sharing, they’re never going to know I nominated them…
Seven interesting things about me…
1. I cannot stand when people judge or speak badly of immigrants (legal or otherwise) for their decision to come to the good ole’ USofA. C’mon, seriously, you have no idea how good you have it being born here and not in a third world country full of war and poverty. Have a little perspective please.
2. On the same topic, I cannot stand when those same immigrants/travelers don’t make a solid effort to learn the language of the country they are moving to/visiting. As much as I think Mexicans should learn English if they want to live here, I also think you cannot be a snooty American and travel abroad and assume everyone should be able to speak English to you. Really? Seriously? When I lived in France I got to the point that I would move across the street to avoid running into American tourists I could see coming down the sidewalk b/c they were so embarassing and rude. Drives me nuts.
3. On a lighter note (and to copy from Junket), I love Bud Select, New Belgium Skinny Dip
, and Michelob Golden Draft Light beers above all others. Doesn’t mean I’d say no to a shot of jager or good tequila either. I basically live on water and beer. Hate milk, hate soda, hate flavored things. Just beer and water. 🙂
4. I have any annoying habit of loving to write with a lot of !!!!!!!!! and :-). It’s sort of non stop and I cannot help it. Sorry. 🙂
5. My family gave me the nickname The Queen of Everything while I was a young child and it stuck. Seriously. I think it’s b/c I’m Type A and have a method to the madness that is me…and I have a hard time remembering that other people have good ways of doing things too. 🙂 Helps that I am the oldest of five kids and they all did whatever I said! LOL
6. Five years ago I’d have laughed in your face if you’d have told me I’d be married and living in a tiny ass town in the middle of nowhere in Colorado trying to get pregnant. I had complete plans in place to come back from France, go to grad school at Thunderbird for international business, and move abroad. Complete. Came out here to visit a friend from college, met Hubby, got married, and stayed. Life is weird sometimes!
7. My professional business card photo is actually a crop of me from a picture in Vegas…at a “Gentleman’s Club” with a bachelorette party…at 3am. Nobody is the wiser. 🙂
Now that the pain of that is over, here are my nominations for other’s blogs! Not all of these ppl necessarily follow me or will even know they’re nominated, but I think they’re great blogs
to follow. A lot of the people I follow also follow each other, so check out Junket’s list for a bunch of my favs
. Other than that, I’d have to say:
Are You the Gatekeeper?
– Even though Bradshaw was on Junket’s list, I just had to include her b/c she’s the female version of my husband. And that’s scary. In a good way. 🙂
I Was Told There Would Be Pajamas
– First off, with a title like that, you know
the blog is cool. A fellow Coloradan who loves the great outdoors as much as I do, we just found each other’s blogs and I’m loving her random stories about life!
– Sheelah was another Dooce Community find – we started blogging around the same time for the same reason – trying to get pregnant and start a family! I love
how she told her fam she was pregnant b/c it’s the same way my Hubby proposed. Pretty cool. 🙂
Emma’s Norske Adventure – Little sis doesn’t know this blog exists, but feel free to check out her blog & comment! She is living in Norway for a semester for school and updates almost daily about her experiences and thoughts about living abroad. Totally great read!
My Little Life: Five Kids, Five Crooked Halos…Welcome to My Little Life – Mama M. – a nurse with a sense of humor, she has some of the greatest posts about her family, her work, and her life. Check her out for the grossest posts and the funniest posts both. 🙂
The Pioneer Woman – aka Ree – this woman has the BEST photography on her blog, step-by-step illustrated recipies (a necessity for me), and an amazing Love Story. I seriously spent hours reading this one day.
Dooce – I have to include Heather, b/c seriously, she is what got this whole blog world going for me. I found her site b/c of a CNN article about getting fired for writing about work online – and never looked back! I love her stories, her pictures, and her general attitude about live and people in general. She is who she is, take it or leave it, and I think that’s great!
So there ya go… thanks again to Junket for the nomination. This is by no means everyone that I follow in my Googler Reader (it’s honestly getting a bit ridiculous, but there are a lot of cool people out there!) so sorry if I didn’t mention you above. I love reading about all of your lives, crazy or otherwise. 🙂
Sorry this got so long – I must have been in a mood to ramble this moring!!!
Love it love it love it!!!So if I got mentioned twice, does that mean I have to do it twice? 🙂 I feel special.Tell the hubby I said hi. 😀
I think you're good at once! I just felt like it would be unconscionable to not mention you in my list as well. :)Hubby is going to run away with you if he meets you, I'm pretty damn sure of it. At least to a Cards game. LOL.
Awww! Thanks Josey! I am glad to have found you too! (And I use too many !!! as well) Okay now I have to figure out how to get the button thingy in my post. Have no fear by sometime next week I am sure I will have figured it out. hahaha. I LOVE your 7 things about you. Especially number 1. My hubby once said (and I obviously thought it was super profound because it stuck with me) 'I don't think I have more of a right to America just because this is where I happened to fall out of my mother's womb'. Hey I said it was profound I didn't say it was classy.
Thank you!!!! I really do feel a little sisterhood going on with you and Bradshaw. It was inevitable. Also, I'd like to see a copy of said business card because that is AWESOME. It's like being drunk at your first communion and getting away with it.