I woke up this morning and weighed myself. 164# (for those of you just following, I’m 5’8″ – click here for my weight loss journey). What in the hell have I done with myself?! Last summer I was down to 151.8# and feeling so good about myself. I want that back.
My plan to get back on track includes:
– Yoga 2x/week (I did my first session this morning at a new studio in town and I really liked it.)
– Elliptical at least 3x/week (or snowboarding if the snow is good since I bought a pass this year – I can’t wait to get up on the mountain!)
– Stretching/ab work whenever I’m watching TV. I spend way too much time watching TV during the day lately and it needs to at least be productive.
– I just ordered the supplies for an “Ultra Clear Cleanse.” My old roommate and BFF (who is a yoga fanatic, 34 years old, and in the best shape of her life) swears by it. Basically, it’s a two week program that her yoga nutrition class does periodically. *See below for her description of it if you’re interested.* As soon as it arrives, I’m going to begin. My husband will be gone for a week right during the middle of it, which I think will help me a lot, plus it will be a great break for me from all alcohol, gluten, and dairy (my weaknesses).
– Once I’m done with the cleanse, I’m going to get back to small healthy meals, calorie counting, etc. I want to do this in a healthy way.
So those are my basic ideas to get back on track. I can do this. I will do this.
(I actually ordered it from a different website that was cheaper and had the berry flavor.)
There are a few more details there, but you basically use this powder–not heaping scoops like the photo shows;) you have to just use leveled scoops or you’ll run out of rice protein powder before you’re done with the two weeks.
Every day you should be eating bkfst, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, so you get plenty of food, though you should clean eat only. NO dairy, no red meat, no soy, no GMOs, no MSG, no caffeine, no sugar, NO GLUTEN, just eat food that is food:)
On the first day, a Monday or Sunday, you replace one of those meals or snacks with one scoop of rice protein in a glass of cold water. I think it tastes amazing. I love it. Lots of people hate it. You know
me though, I dig that shiz. I have the raspberry flavor. I think there is vanilla too.
Anywho, day two you do two of those meals or snacks with a scoop, and so on and so on till you get to Saturday and Sunday and then you are only drinking the powder drinks, but with two scoops per glass those two days. Then you back out the way you came in ending the second week
with one scoop for one meal. Make sense?
The powder is a little pricey, but it is fully worth it. You also know me and I wouldn’t do something unless it works. My skin seriously cleared up and my hair was shinier and I felt svelte. You can totally
work out as hard as usual.
You will experience some side effects, likely on day two only, because toxins are being released that have been laying dormant. My worst side effect was major, like black out back pain on Tuesday, thought I would just go home to bed after work, that’s how bad I felt, but our lesson
with the nutrition class was: what do you do in times of challenge? Do you succumb? Do you break down? Do you binge eat? Do you drink? Do you cry? Do you sleep? You get the point…so I forced myself to go to yoga instead of going home to bed and I had one of the best practices of my yoga career up to that point! Seriously. No exaggeration.
I highly, highly recommend this. This will be so good for you–clean out that liver that is working overtime all the time!