Saturday, March 19th was a good day!

At 2am, my little brother (who has been here snowboarding for the past 6 days) and his college roommate took off for home – and 18 hrs later, texted that they’d made it safely home in record time. It was so great to have him here all week!! 
Then we Skyped with our adorable nephew for his first birthday…

Went to Walgreens to pick up my Clomid, needles, syringes, and trigger shot…
 to add to the menopur I got last week… 
…so all I have left to get is the filter needles, which we’re getting in Denver on Tuesday. To explain that better – you see how the top vials in the pic above don’t have rubber stopper tops on them? That’s the sodium chloride that you mix with the menopur (bottom vials).  I’ll need to break the top off of the sodium chloride and draw the fluid out with a filter needle before transferring the liquid to a regular needle/syringe (to ensure no minuscule glass shards)… then you combine with the menopur and shoot yourself up. I’m kind of nervous about this b/c it’s a different protocol than the video they show you on CCRM’s website, so I’m going to have to google the procedure to make sure I do it right (my first shot begins Wednesday…the day Char flies back to ND for 15 days).
At any rate, the meds are bought (unless the follies aren’t growing fast enough – then I’ll need to buy more menopur/needles/syringes), and I started my first 100mg Clomid dose yesterday (CD5).
This is really happening! 
Finally, after picking up the meds yesterday, we stopped at a store to get some non-insulated work boots for Charlie for this next hitch. It’s looking like it might be 30 above instead of 30 below this hitch, which is pretty darn awesome for him since he works outside 12 hrs/day, 7 days/week! While we were there, he found a pair of boots for me and talked the lady into selling them for 20% off since we were buying him work boots as well… and OMG I love them!!

After that, we came home, relaxed, took naps, worked out, watched TV, and went to a local restaurant to chat with whichever locals wandered their way in (the beauty of living in a small town – you generally know 75% of the ppl that come sit next to you… and the other 25% have pretty interesting stories!). 
All in all, it was a wonderful day. 🙂 
ps – My orchids that I bought last fall while they were blooming were dormant for the last few months. Well, last week when I got AF I noticed that they both had buds on them (i normally suck at keeping plants alive and couldn’t believe they weren’t actually dead!), and yesterday when we got home from picking up the clomid for my first dose, I noticed that the blooms are starting to come out. I’m taking that as a good sign for fertility this cycle!

*ADDED a pic of one of the orchids as requested by @bakeryclosed below 🙂
The left side bloom just came out!


  1. I suck at keeping plants alive too! I have a "black thumb" instead of a "green thumb" 🙂 Glad you had a great time with your bro and that this cycle is REALLY HAPPENING 🙂 Wishing you so much luck. Funny, last spring I remember having a really sad day and I went outside and saw a little purple flower sticking out amongst the weeds. It's those lil things that make you feel good about life 🙂

  2. Pictures of everything EXCEPT the orchids?! Come on!I love your new boots. I've totally been wanting something similar, but can't afford them :(Good luck with the needles and the significance they carry!

  3. I hope hope hope that the orchids are a good sign!!!

  4. @bakeryclosed – i just posted a crappy cell phone pic of the orchids, just for you 🙂 the boots were more than i ever usually spend on shoes, but it was our last 'personal' splurge before all cash goes to TTC again!

  5. Whoa, busy and fun day! sounds like a great visit with your the new boots!

  6. Love the boots! A great way to treat yourself – you certainly deserve it! Good luck this week and fingers crossed. I think that the orchid is a fabulous sign 🙂

  7. Cute boots! Glad the weather is starting to look up for him, that is some seriously cold weather to work in! Can't wait for updates with this cycle!!

  8. Sounds like such a great time with your brother. You must be missing him…I love your nephews hair, adorable!Those boots are AWESOME. Way to go Charlie :)I couldn't think of a more perfect sign…those orchids know what they're talking about.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: