I’ve been reading year in review posts from a lot of my blogger friends over the past few days, and I always find it really interesting to see how many changes each and every one of us goes through over the course of 365 days. All & Sundry does an interesting year end in review post that a lot of my fellow bloggers have followed, so I figured I’d incorporate those Q&As along with some pictures/timeline type stuff. You know this post wouldn’t be a true reflection of me if it wasn’t overly long-winded, narcissistic, and full of pictures. 🙂
2. Did you keep your 2011 resolutions, and will you make more next year?
I didn’t actually make any last year. Resolutions are like weight loss goals (at least for me)…setting yourself up to fail if you have super strict unrealistic expectations… it’s all about lifestyle changes!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of close blog friends for sure (namely Oak, Natalie, BU, and Kelly), as well as my IRL friend Heidi.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Every two years I go somewhere, though, (ever since 2000) so watch out 2012!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Steady work and paychecks for both my husband and myself.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Obviously this year has been very baby-centric for us, so every day that will stick in my memory has something to do with Miss Stella. 🙂
April 14 – Our first ever BFP! — pic is from Skyping with my parents that night to tell them
September 29 – My Virtual Baby Shower – i.e. Waking up on the first day of my third trimester to an outpouring of love and support from a ton of amazing women, most of whom have never met me in person yet they understand me better than most anyone. I am so thankful to have met you ladies…
December 8 – Stella’s Birthday!
December 29 – Charlie’s 30th birthday, and his first one as a Daddy!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buckling down and doing what we needed to do in order to survive and pay the bills. Charlie worked out of state on a difficult job far away, and I worked two jobs that required running stairs until I was seven months pregnant. It was all worth it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending too much time in front of my computer screen instead of doing outdoor activities!
Not figuring out what to do for work in this next stage of my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing that wasn’t pregnancy related.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Snoogle, hands down. LOL
12. Where did most of your money go?
Fertility treatments. Ugh. I can’t wait to see where that money will go instead in 2012!
13. What did you get really excited about?
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO
Someone Like You by Adele
Rolling In the Deep by Adele
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder? SO much happier!
-thinner or fatter? Thinner, bizarrely enough.
-Richer or poorer? Poorer, if we’re talking about bank accounts!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Rafting and hiking
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my entire family (both my side and Charlie’s side!) and Stella. It was perfect.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Revenge – I am addicted!
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
It is SAD how little I read in 2011. Everything I did read was fertility related. Time to change that up!
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Adele and Michael Buble
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Jan. 20th (29 yrs old) – Had a bunch of friends over and got drunk at our house. 🙂
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the security of a job and a career to go back to…BUT, I’ll be okay, as long as I have Charlie and Stella.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Yoga pants and tank tops. My fashion skills pretty much suck, and they went even more downhill once I was pregnant. LOL
26. What kept you sane?
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don’t give up! There’s never a “right time” to have a kid. Life will work out, just love one another.