*Note* I added a video to yesterday’s post in case you’re interested!
Oftentimes many of you will ask me the same question in comments (most recently, how do I shower with my baby without dropping her?), and I try to remember to address it in a later post, but often I’d love to be able to just hit “reply” to the comment notification in my inbox and be able to reply that way to different questions and comments. Unfortunately, a LOT of you have your emails not visible, so it’s just a ‘no-reply@blogger’ email address that pops up. I’ve posted about it here before, and Jill just posted about it again as well. It’s SUCH an easy fix – please take five minutes to update your blogger settings. I’d love to chat. 🙂
If you’re concerned about anonymity, create a “filler” email account that is tied to your blog. For me, I did mycheapversionoftherapy (at) gmail (dot) com. That way if I wanted to keep my anonymity, I could. The perk of this is that my blog isn’t linked to my real gmail address google profile (so IRL ppl can’t find me that way). However, in my case, I’m lazy, and I set up that email to automatically forward to my “real” gmail address, so if you write me an email and I respond, you’ll know my real name. That doesn’t bother me, but for those of you who are maintaining more anonymity than myself, just don’t set up the forwarding function (and be sure to check that separate blog email account!).
Copied from Jill…
You can change those settings by following these steps:
- When on blogger, in the upper right hand corner, there is your picture and your name of your google account.
- Click on this drop down menu.
- Choose “Blogger Profile”.
- Once in your “Blogger Profile”, choose the “Edit Profile” button, which will bring up another screen for editing.
- The second option down, is “Show email address” and you’ll need to check this box.
- Down further, there is a box that says “Email Address” and next to it says, “Changing this does not change the e-mail address you use to sign-in.” Here you may pick a different email address to have your comment responses sent to, if you don’t want it to be your personal email and maybe your blog specific email address.
- Once you have this all set, save your settings.
Okay! Fixed my blog up to have my e-mail now! LOL! BTW thank you for all your helpful tips on the Wednesday Weigh In posts! I love it! It makes me feel less alone in this! Have a great weekend!
Dude, Jose! You can totally set up your gmail so you can reply from either account (it's in your settings, there's a "send mail as" thing, and you can add other email addresses that you have linked). Then when someone emails you, you just make sure the correct email address is selected. Easy!Also, since you use Blogger…you should just install Disqus comments! Then people can even log in with Facebook or Twitter or Google (or still be anonymous/guest, but provide an email address for you to see on the backend).Let me know if you have questions or need help with any of the comment-related things. Happy to help 🙂
I've always wondered about that! Hope its okay if I share this info on my blog as well. Congrats on your new little one too!