Pink Scribbles nominated me for this, so here goes!
Here’s the rules:
1 – Post the rules
2 – Post 12 things about yourself
3 – Answer the 12 questions from the person who tagged you.
4 – Create 12 new questions for the people you tag.
5 – Tag 12 people and link them to your post.
6 – Let them know that you tagged them.
12 things about myself
1. I love to travel. Love it. Ideally I’d love to just travel the world for awhile.
2. I love to drink beer with family and friends, and I’m not one of the girls who is hammered off of a couple drinks…never have been.
3. I love playing board games, especially Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit with my fam.
4. I have never had a flat stomach since I was 16. I’d love for that to finally change.
5. I stress out about money…I’m so Type A that everything I buy I think about what bill could have been paid with it. I didn’t use to be like this – not sure what happened to me.
6. Conversely, when I travel, I have no problem spending money to get the most out of the experience.
7. I’ve always had more guy friends than girlfriends, though the girlfriends I do have are the awesome, forever kind of friends.
8. I spend a good portion of my day cuddling with Stella instead of getting bookkeeping and tax stuff done that I am way behind on. I’ve been doing this for weeks now, but I can hardly stand to set her down.
9. I have keratosis pilaris all over my arms and legs and I hate it. HATE it. I’ve barely worn shorts in the past 15 years because of it.
10. I love Skype. It’s such an awesome way to keep in touch with people.
11. I am not a morning person, which is probably part of the reason I love bartending at night. I would sleep in and stay up late every day if I could.
12. I twist my hair and break it off constantly. It’s an awful habit that I can’t seem to break.
Answer the 12 questions that I was asked
1. Who are your favorite blogs to follow? Any good recommendations?
AP @ My Dusty Uterus – this girl is funny as shit. Her little boy is 16 days older than Stella, and it’s been fun to read all about her pregnancy and child rearing experiences, especially because she describes them in a WAY funnier way than I ever could have.
E @ Many Many Moons – same compliment stands for this lovely lady – she is funny, funny shit. She has been dealt some seriously shitty blows over the past few months, and she has still handled it with humor and grace.
2. What tip(s) would you give to a beginning blogger?
Just write for yourself. Eventually you’ll find yourself falling into your own style and becoming part of a group, though your place in different groups will change as YOU change. For me, at least, this blog isn’t about making tons of money (though that’d be nice), having a gazillion followers, or being the “coolest” blogger or whatever… it’s seriously a cheap version of therapy for me – a place to rejoice and to vent about both the good and the bad – and it’s important to be true to yourself and not worry so much about what your readers will think. Though a part of our narcissistic selves obviously LOVES our readers for their support and comments, it’s not the most important thing.
3. What is your occupation and what is your favorite part of that occupation?
Ha. Can you give me a few weeks to answer this? The past 8 weeks it’s been SAHM (which I loved way more than I thought I would and would have loved to continue if we could have afforded it!). As of Friday, I’m working at a local medical center, though I’m honestly not even sure what my job title is. Hm. We shall see – my occupation is in flux right now. 🙂 I also bartend in the summers, and I honestly love that type of interaction with people!
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Blog. Read blogs. Talk about the awesomeness of my blog friends. It’s an addiction. 🙂
Also, read, snowboard, raft, take pictures, and above all, stare at my daughter and love on her.
5. What are the top 5 sites that you visit on the internet?
Blogger (see above)
Facebook (love keeping up with IRL fam and friends)
bing.com/travel (I’m always planning for future vacations and I love their flight search options)
Amazon.com (I live in BFE [bum fuck Egypt – plz say I’m not the only person who says this weird expression] so shopping online with free delivery of most items thanks to Amazon Prime is AweSOMMMMEE!!)
MyFitnessPal (whenever I’m trying to get back on track fitness-wise)
6. What is your favorite vacation place and why?
France. Anywhere in France. I used to live there in college, and I miss my friends and host family there so much! It’s a beautiful country filled with wonderful people!
7. What is your favorite subject to blog about? AND how do you come up with ideas to blog about?
Um, I have no idea?! I write about whatever I’m thinking about, be it my EWCM, my hangover, my family, or the weather. 🙂 Speaking of weather, did you see that parts of CO got 50″+ of snow this past weekend?!! That’s INSANE. We only got about 1″ (though it’s still falling now). The mountains are weird.
8. Tell us one unique fact about yourself.
I’m left-handed and love it.
9. What is your favorite household decoration/decor?
Pictures. I am an awful decorator, so my version of decorating is to put up pictures everywhere, and I love it. I’m just like my mother in that regard. 🙂
10. What is your favorite food?
Cheese. Any kind of cheese. I’m actually eating Cheetos as I type this, seriously.
11. What is your favorite book(s) of all time and why?
Bridge to Terebithia – read it as a child, and have always loved it. It still makes me cry every time!
Taking Charge of Your Fertility – I discovered this book because of IF, but I highly recommend it to ALL women. I truly wish I’d have learned these things about my body back when I was a teenager. All women should be educated about what’s going on in their body every single month.
Little Women – Maybe because it’s about four sisters, maybe because the title character is Jo, maybe because it’s just an awesome book. I don’t know why, but it will always be one of my favs.
12. What is your favorite movie(s) of all time and why?
Slumdog Millionaire was pretty awesome! I don’t know, I like a lot of movies. Rags to riches ones are always good though.
12 *New* questions for the people who are tagged!
Ugh, I’m running out of time today and I thought the questions above were good ones, so just answer those!
My 12 lucky tagged friends!
1. Michele @ Nowhere in NM
2. N @ Pajamas are Comfy
3. Miss Mac @ MAC and PC
4. La @ Famille d’Arsenal
5. Holly @ Holly G and Co
6. Niki @ My Accidentally on Purpose
7. Rachel @ Wade’s World
8. Lanie @ Unruffled Lanie
9. AP @ My Dusty Uterus
10. Carlia @ The Stork Drop Zone
11. E @ Many Many Moons
12. Mag @ Witty Infertility
Pink Scribbles nominated me for this, so here goes!