Please let me know if you want me to add you to the list below to join in on WWW!
This week, I’m starting off with a blurb about people who had previously told me they wanted to be included in WWW. If you want your blurb changed or removed, just let me know. 🙂 You’ll notice that those bloggers who are checking in and being accountable are the ones who are seeing results (*hint hint*). C’mon back and (re)join in!!
Michele @ Nowhere in NM (TTCer) –
Michele is a kick ass exerciser, but she feels she has been slacking in the food department. She has lost 10# and has 10# to go to her goal weight. Just had her first RE appt and is moving to the next step!
Mag @ Witty Infertility (TTCer) –
Mag started off with a bang (8# down!) but hasn’t posted lately. Where are you hun?! Mag’s initial goal was to lose 40# by the end of May. How are you doing on that? Mag just had her first RE appt!
Shannon @ Arkansas Runner (TTCer) –
Shannon is the definition of a runner. That girl is dedicated! She doesn’t post about TTC much, but she is definitely making sure her body is in tip top shape for procreation! 🙂 She was down 6# last time she posted (148# to 142#).
Donor Diva @ Motherhood via Egg Donation (TTC#2)
– Donor Diva seems to be in an awesome exercise routine with great food control. She is down 8# with 7# to go to hit her goal weight of 143#. horn5378 is her MFP name – check her out!
The Cornfed Feminist (pregnant) –
CF started in a weight loss vein, but the happy girl found out she was pregnant a couple of months ago! Her focus now is on maintaining a healthy weight gain throughout pregnancy (20# for her).
Kristy @ Relaxing Doesn’t Get You Pregnant (pregnant)
– Kristy is another Mommy who started WWW with weight loss in mind, but surprise(!) she found out she was pregnant after RPL, and she just found out she if having a little girl! Dying of happiness for her. She is also focusing on maintaining a healthy weight gain throughout her pregnancy, though she hasn’t been posting a WWW lately.
Nico @ Phred, Fwed, and Schweffel (postpartum)
– Nico is an amazing athlete who exercised (i.e. rode her frickin bicycle to work) up through the end of her pregnancy (#3). She just had her little boy on 4/24/12, so she’s obviously taking a break for the moment. She last posted about feeling frustration about the women who walk out of the hospital at their pre-baby weight when she hasn’t gotten there yet. Go tell her she’s nuts and to give herself a break! 🙂
One Day @ Are We There Yet? (postpartum – twins)
– One Day hasn’t posted in 7 weeks (me thinks she’s a little busy with her twins!). Her last WWW said, “Honestly, I think it’s that I don’t want the accountability…which is exactly why I need the accountability. So no matter how badly I just want to quit the weekly weigh-in so I don’t have to think about it (or fess up, mainly).” Let’s give her some encouragement and get her back in the game! She has about 30# to go to hit her goal weight.
Laura @ Legos and Jets (postpartum) –
Laura also hasn’t posted in 7 weeks (though to be fair, she seems to be taking a break from blog land lately). She has 63# to go to hit her goal weight, and said she is struggling to find the time to exercise with a baby around. How are you doing Laura?!
Bridget @ The Lost Stork (postpartum) –
Bridget was going to weigh in on Mondays, but she hasn’t posted in the last 4 months about it . Are you still working on this, B? Let us know how you’re doing! Bridget had 16# to go to hit her goal weight last time she checked in.
ks @ Inconceivable!?!?! (postpartum) –
ks has been kicking butt and taking names with WWW. She is down 12# as of last week, and she just readjusted her goal weight to 130#, so she has 23# to go. She does great workouts, and she always posts a great food related tip as well!
jenn @ Adventures of a Nomadic Housewife (postpartum)
– As of a month ago, Jenn was down 11# and had 26# to go to hit her goal weight! She’s doing great about watching the foods that she eats, and has been on a low-carb diet. How are you doing now, Jenn?
Julia @ 3 bed 2 bath 1 baby (postpartum) –
It has been 12 weeks since Julia last checked in. At that point, she has 21.5# to go. How is it going, Julia?
Meghan @ Maybe Baby, It’s You…Two! (postpartum – twins)
– In Megan’s words: I started taking barre method classes since the beginning of March, and I love them! My current weight is 148.8 (down almost 10 pounds since I last blogged!!) and I’ve lost 7 inches in the month of April alone! Getting out of the 150’s was huge for me, I was stuck there for so long. I just can’t seem to get into a groove with regular blogging, but I still love to stalk everyone else’s!
Just Us & A Miracle Baby too! (postpartum)
– It has been 10 weeks since Just Us posted, but last we heard, she was back to her post IVF weight of 145# and wanting to lose the last 5#. How are you doing?
Heather @ The Road Less Traveled (postpartum) –
As of Heather’s last weigh-in, she has only 1# to go to hit her goal weight! Did you hit it, Heather?! Heather does lots of great workouts and is using Weight Watchers to help with her food.
DRMama @ Life Amongst the Palm Trees (postpartum)
– DrMama has only 4.5# to go to hit her goal weight of 140#! She is great at checking in and posting delicious recipes and good advice. Check her out!
Emma @ Emma in Mommyland (postpartum) –
Emma is 6w postpartum and just got the green light to exercise again! She has 23# to go to hit her goal weight of 125#. She is slowly working back into exercising and eating healthy snacks and meals. You can do it, Emma!
I hope you enjoyed the synopsis, and found some other ladies to follow and encourage! The two blogs below I’ll be removing from the list next week:
Gee @ Gee Baby (TTCer)
– blog has been removedHolly @ Holly G. and Co. (postpartum) –
blog has been switched to private
And now, on to me…
Starting Weight: 6wk pp: 161# (at BFP weight)
Last Week’s Weight: 155.5#
Current Weight: 155.0#
Starting BMI: 24.5
Last Week’s BMI: 23.6
Current BMI: 23.6
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:
I’m 5’8″ and have a goal weight of 142# (BMI of 21.6), so I have 13# to go (down 6# since starting) .
I’m currently wearing size 10-12 jeans, and I’d love to get to a solid eight. I look damn good as an 8!
155-157# is my plateau range, but I’m okay hanging in this area and working on toning for awhile so I don’t screw up my milk supply by cutting calories further. Once I’m cutting back on BFing, though, it’s on! If you’re looking for a good calorie counting website that accounts for exercise levels, etc., check out MyFitnessPal.com. In the meantime, I’m not bothering to change my #s above as long as I’m in the 155-157# range.
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:
Progress on last week’s activities:
*Eat a salad for at least 5 meals. – yep!
*Work out at least 3 times, including ab workouts EACH TIME. Hm. I need to start writing this down. I honestly can’t remember. 2-3x?
*Cut back on the alcohol consumption (this is hard, since BBQ season is starting up and we get together with friends pretty regularly and we’re all beer drinkers!). For the most part, yes, Friday night, no. Tequila got the best of me…especially the next morning. Ouch.
Activities & goals for this coming week: Same as last week!
*Eat a salad for at least 5 meals.
*Work out at least 3 times, including ab workouts EACH TIME.
*Cut back on the alcohol consumption (this is hard, since BBQ season is starting up and we get together with friends pretty regularly and we’re all beer drinkers!).
On-going Life Style Goals:
Drink 8oz every time I sit down to nurse Stella or pump (drinking roughly 100oz water/day).
3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I’ve tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
I meant to take measurements this morning, but my day has just gotten away from me.
Remember that it’s easy to substitute ground turkey for ground beef in your recipes – it saves lots of calories and fat without sacrificing on flavor. Learn how to use your spice rack!