As you guys saw throughout my weekly updates, every week of Stella’s first year of life I took a picture of her on a different blanket. See the full year’s worth of photos here! I’m pretty stoked with how the project turned out, though I’m still trying to figure out what to do with all of the pictures. 🙂
At any rate, the Week 52 picture is on the one and only fabric that I bought especially for this project, and I really wanted to do something special with that fabric after I was done. Then I saw Heather’s post and thought perfect!!! I did not take pictures of the process at all as I am definitely not a DIY blog (ha!), but following are a few pics of the final product. I’m still looking for some plain wooden alphabet letters (since the pattern is so busy) that I will also make magnetic for the board. This is a great toy for Stella’s room – she hangs out and plays in there when I’m getting ready for work in the morning since our bedroom and bathroom are right outside her door upstairs, and since our fridge isn’t magnetic, it’s nice to have somewhere in the house that she can play and rearrange things like this. I think it turned out pretty sweet!
*ETA – McMissis brought up a good point below about the dangers of kids swallowing 2+ magnets. Please make sure you cut the magnets big enough to not be swallowed by your kid! I didn’t trust the sticky on the magnets to hold up against little fingers, so I also hot glued them to the wood, and cut them as large as possible!
Thanks so much for the great idea, Heather!