4 weeks ago at 163#, I posted with some grand aspirations of being healthy and active through the holidays while using MFP to keep myself accountable and lose some weight before my sister’s wedding. Well, I pretty much sucked ass at that. Actually, I did great the first week, but for the last three weeks I’ve done nothing but overindulge in food and drink.
SO. Here we are, in the new year, and I am WAYYYY not happy with myself. I was a bloated 168# this morning – that’s about the same as when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I looked and felt great then. Not so much now. A year ago this week I was 4w post-partum and weighed 163# (and I ended up getting as low as 155.5# at 13w pp) if that gives you any idea of how annoyed I am with myself right now.
Yesterday I was getting ready for work, and I pulled out some size 10 Express dress pants that used to fit me fine (and yes, these are a decade old – I need to buy new clothes someday). This is what I saw.
I’m sure most of you are tired of reading about my ups and downs in this regard, but I have to keep fighting and keep working at this, because I really do feel SO MUCH BETTER about everything in my life when I’m at a healthier weight and treating my body well.
A few things I’m changing around the house for awhile to help myself get back into the healthy living lifestyle:
- No more beer in the fridge during the week (this is much easier to stick to in the winter!)
- I’ll buy it for the weekend and that’s it. If it’s not around, I won’t drink it.
- No more blocks of cheese in the fridge unless I buy it specifically for a recipe.
- Lately I’ve been bad at the whole portion control thing, so until I can get back in a healthy routine, trigger foods needs to be out of my house.
- No more blogging at night after dinner if I haven’t worked out yet.
- I have GOT to get off my ass and move more if this is going to work, and since I spend all day sitting on it at work, I need to at least make this a priority over the computer.
- Record my favorite TV shows upstairs so I have to use the elliptical (that’s in our bedroom) in order to watch them!
- Buy lots of fruits and veggies, b/c I’m too cheap to throw them out and it will ensure I snack on them before they go bad!
- Eat more of what I’m feeding my daughter, since I already make sure that she gets healthy, balanced meals every day!
So there ya go… I hoping to post a MUCH better picture of myself in those pants before too long. 🙂