Phew! I had my bi-weekly midwife appointment yesterday at his house, and he sent me home with a birth tub! If that doesn’t make shit feel real, I don’t know what does. My next appointment will be at 37 weeks, and it’s actually the home visit appointment so that my midwife and his wife (and full time birth assistant – she is a retired NICU nurse!) are familiar with our house and such. This is getting REAL!
Pregnancy symptoms lately:
- My midwife just started me on a liquid cal/mag for heartburn – he’s been recommending it for weeks, but I just finally got around to buying some from him yesterday. It seems to be helping so far.
- My sleep is very… disrupted. I am constantly waking up to (1) pee, or (2) sit up to breathe through the heartburn. Boo! I’m still going to bed ridiculously early. Right now our routine is to put Stella down between 7-7:30, then we go straight to bed ourselves! LOL. We usually watch a show or two off the DVR and are sleeping by 8:30-9:00. Ridiculous, but Charlie wakes up for work around 4-5am depending upon the day, and I’ve been waking up at 5:30 for the day for no particular reason, so early to bed it is.
- I’m finally getting better about listening to my HypnoBabies tracks. I’m usually listening to them from 5:30-6:00am when I’m laying in bed annoyed that I’m awake anyway!
- I’m back to puking in the evenings at least half the time. 🙁 I think it’s a combo of heartburn + not much room for my stomach, so I’m constantly feeling full & nauseous – especially in the evenings. *sigh*
- On the flip side, I know my belly is getting huge, but I’m still fairly comfortable, which has been nice. I know I have a month to go and there will be some major growth from here on out, but it’s nice to be at 35 weeks and not be too badly uncomfortable yet! I’m up about 19# and really hoping I can keep it to 25# total like I did last time. We shall see! Exercise is getting harder and harder to do, so it’s basically going to be luck & genetics at this point if I can keep it to a pound a week or so from here on out. Also, my husband has LOST weight since I got pregnant, and right now he weighs about 4# more than me. I completely selfishly don’t want to weigh more than him! Silly, I know. He’s 7″ taller than me and I’m in my 9th month of pregnancy – it’s not like it’s even the same thing, but whatever. 🙂
- In ROA position (head down facing back, just like he should be!) Stella was ROT, which meant she was head down but facing sideways, which is why it was so hard to get her to turn to come out!). I know he can still move around (he was LOA at 33 weeks), but it’s nice to know he’s hanging out in the right position so far!
- Growing nicely. My belly circumference is about 104cm and fundal height is right on at 35. Stella was 8#2oz when she was born at 38 weeks – I’m really curious if this little guy will be as big as his sister! In my family all of my siblings were between 8#8oz and 10#10oz, so it’s not like my family is known for having tiny babies. 🙂
I got my package of birth related items in the mail, which is pretty cool, so between that and the birth tub now being in the house, things are coming together. I think I’ll work on the rest of his list for me this Friday when I’m running errands, just so stuff is ready to go. Anytime after 37 weeks we can legally deliver at home!
Oh – and my work threw me a baby shower yesterday morning, which was super nice of them! Between them, my Mom, and SRB, I’m starting to accumulate enough little baby things to feel okay about the initial clothing time. I hate to buy much when we don’t know if he’ll be a 6#er or a 10#er, you know?
Getting closer every day!
Back to puking? SUCKY!!! I was super worried about weighing more than McMister the first time; I literally weighed the exact same the day Gracie was born. Then with Lyla, I gained a little more so even though I was still stressed about it, I never even asked. This time? Hahahahahaha. I’m probably more than him right now with 10 weeks to go! Oh well :/
And so crazy about having all your birth stuff together. You’re five weeks ahead of me, and it feels like I have YEARS until Poppy comes out.
Yeah, last time my plan was to do all the bag packing, etc at 38 weeks… that plan failed spectacularly since I went into labor at 37w6d. 🙂 Since we’re doing it at home this time, I NEED to have stuff together, though I do worry I’m jinxing it and won’t need it until 42w now!
Sucky about the puking! I am getting heartburn as well and find that taking a teaspoon of aluminum-free baking soda in a cup of water helps with the symptoms (will not prevent it). Something to try. When do you take the liquid cal mag? Same time each day or when you have the symptoms?
So far just trying it when I have symptoms, but I think I’ll start taking it regularly around meal times or something.
I’m really so excited for you, I can’t wait to hear how it all goes!
Honestly I can’t imagine a 10 lb newborn, e is 10 weeks old and only around 9.5!
Stella was almost 10# at 1 month! Lol. We shall see. Depends on the length of the baby too I think – big difference between a 10# baby who is 18″ or 22″, you know?
Holy crap! How is it even possible to be 35 weeks already? Mostly this blows me away because then I realize how far along I am and how not ready for a baby we are.
What happens if you go into labor before 37 wks – does your midwife go to the hospital with you?
Ya, he’d be more of a doula role there though. In CO midwives can unfortunately only be licensed for hospital birth OR home birth – not both. 😛 So I’d be under the OB’s care there with Bill just as a supporting role without medical authority there. So fingers crossed I make it to 37w no prob. 🙂
Awe Josey the puking again? 🙁 Totally sucks I know. 6-17 wks all 4 times was more than enough for me. I am feeling for you! I have needed to take Tums as my reflux is getting worse.
I am so excited to read about this birth 🙂 I met with my doula a few wks ago and I can’t believe how close it is getting! I will be 34 wks Monday. I have been much more lazy about hypnobabies this time around!
Oh and my son was 40 wks 2 days and almost 9 lbs and almost 23 in! So yes length totally matters. He was my biggest baby (my oldest was 8 lbs 5 oz at 42 wks 1 day, my daughter was 7 lbs 7oz at 40 wks 5 days) and still is my biggest one haha.
Excuuuuse me? 35 weeks? Holy moly Jos you are getting so close! I can’t believe it!
He will be here before you know it! So exciting that you have your tub already!
wow! Here’s a bloggy award from me to you if you have time! Check out my last post.
Wow, wow, wow, you’re having a baby SOON!!!!
Also, my colleague swears that apple cider vinegar got rid of her heartburn. It doesn’t make sense, and I couldn’t bring myself to drink it, but worth a shot?
Eeeeek! I know this was a while ago now so you are even closer than this but, you are going to have a baby.. well really, what could be anyday now, but hopefully a week or two! 🙂 A birthing tub set up… yep, it is happening. So excited for you and to ‘meet’ him soon!!