10 Reasons I know I’m in the home stretch of this pregnancy…
- We truly thought I’d go into labor on Christmas Eve because a 38w delivery with contractions starting at night is our only frame of reference. Now we’re both jumpy and anxious every day wondering is this the day or do we really have to wait a few more weeks?!
- I’m wearing only waterproof mascara because birthing tub pictures FTW!
- I’m shaving my armpits every day and grooming as much as is possible when I can’t see shit. These endeavors had previously been abandoned for months.
- We are taking walks in freezing cold weather in the hopes of getting something going.
- My husband checks on me in the shower if I’ve been in there for more than 5 minutes…
- … and informs me he’s wearing the same outfit as he was the night Stella was born. #Weird #PlaidFlannelLover
- I’m wearing white underwear so I’ll notice immediately if there’s any bloody show. #TMI
- Whenever I grimace or groan from the incessant heartburn or braxton hicks, my husband immediately says “contraction?!”
- I’m cleaning my house every day so I won’t be behind on laundry, dishes, etc. if today is the day. #NotFun
- The only comfortable way to sit is with my legs spread wide so my belly can hang down low. #SoHot
Okay little man, please come out and play. We can’t wait to meet you!