Here we are already 2 months postpartum. How is time flying by so quickly?
This was a crazy week of running errands and preparing for my return to work this past Monday, but I still worked out 5 days. Sometimes it was with a baby strapped to me or pushing a toddler in a stroller, but I made it happen!
On the results end of things, I still don’t feel like I’m making much progress, but I haven’t been working that hard at cleaning up my diet either. :\ I’ve been taking measurements, but I probably won’t post those until 3 months postpartum.
How did I do on my goals for the past month, you ask?
- Complete Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred program. – Nope, didn’t complete it, but I did do it probably 15 days out of 30, and this will be an ongoing workout in my rotation. I’ve found that depending on the day, sometimes it’s easier to jump on the elliptical (if my free time is when Charlie is using the LVRM to watch his sports or whatever) or to go out for a jog with a kid in the stroller (like I did for the first time postpartum on Sunday!). I do like that it makes me do some toning exercises in addition to just cardio though.
- Track calories in MFP & stay within my limit. – I did pretty great with this, though I need to work on cutting back on empty calories from time to time (gosh I love beer) and getting in more quality nutrients. It was eye opening on Monday when I only got 3k steps at work how FEW calories I can eat according to MFP. Eek! Good motivation to move more, even on days I’m at work.
- Drink more water – at least 100 oz per day. – Still working on it, though being back at work will definitely help because I make myself drink way more when I’m there for some reason.
Goals for this new month:
- Work out 5 days per week
- Continue tracking calories in MyFitnessPal
- Average at least 7k steps per day each week