I won’t call these New Year’s Resolutions, because really, this is just another month in my journey to live a healthier life. With that being said, Harvey is turning one on Monday (how in the world is that possible?!), and I AM ready to step it up and feel great in my body again, so here is my plan for January to get back into the routine of a healthy lifestyle!
- I joined another DietBet with a goal of losing 4% loss in 4 weeks <– 6.3#, totally doable after the holiday bloat. I’ve already gone from 164.8# last Wednesday to 158.7# this morning, a loss of 6.1#!
- Make Mason Jar salads on Sundays to eat for lunches throughout the week <– I’m 3 days in and loving these salads so far! I’ll do a more in depth post later.
- Track my calories with MyFitnessPal <– Doing great!
- Average 30 minutes of exercise per day (930 minutes for the month). <– So far so good!
- Get 7,500 steps/day on my FitBit – no excuses <– This has been HARD due to weather & fatigue, but I’ve been doing it!)
- Drink more water, less beer. The never ending goal. 🙂 <– always a work in progress. Ha!
This morning I put on a pair of skinny jeans that I haven’t even attempted to wear since I was 151# pre-kids. Today I was 158.7# POST 2 kids, and though I had to had use the hair tie trick in order to avoid some serious muffin top, it felt damn good to put those jeans on again! I want those jeans to be LOOSE on me in the next few months!