Photo projects. I love them. I really, really love them. I don’t care if they’re high quality photos shot with my DSLR or a crappy cell phone pic taken on the fly. I love them…and almost every single time, I get to a point during the midst of them that I think what in the world am I doing?! I REALLY REALLY WANT TO QUIT THIS PROJECT! Then I shake myself off, power through, and LOVE the final result.
With that being said, I actually finished Harvey’s 365 photo project! One picture every day for the first year of his life, posted with a caption. PHEW. I love it. And I’m glad it’s done. 🙂 Check it out!
Previous Photo Projects:
- Belly Pics (Stella) – One picture every week taken in the same place wearing a pink, black or white outfit documenting my growing belly with Rockstar (Stella).
- Stella Times – One picture of Stella on a different blanket every week for the first year of her life. Blanket descriptions here. I made this into a book (along with the the monthly pics from the link below) and I totally love it!
- Stella Month-By-Month – One picture of Stella every month on the same chair sitting next to her Stella doll. I intended to stop this project after 24 months, but when she was 26 months I started back up with Harvey replacing the Stella doll! 🙂
- Belly Pics (Harvey) – One picture every week or two of my growing belly, done postcard style with a little writing included each time.
- Harvey’s Happenings – One picture of Harvey every day for the first 365 days of his life, posted with a little caption about that day.
- Harvey Month-By-Month – One picture of Harvey every month on the same chair as Stella above, but sitting next to an Eeyore that my Mom gave me when I was pregnant with Stella! I’ll try to do this for 24 months like I did with Stella.
I also try to do photo comparison posts of the kids in similar situations at similar ages. I’ll probably do this less and less as they get older, but especially when they were little it was fun to see how much alike they were!
On my family blog I’ve also been doing a Sibling Life weekly feature, but I think I’m done with that as well for awhile.
My goal for the new year is to engage more, photograph less, but still take enough photos to preserve some of the most important memories and allow me to share those moments with all of my family & friends that live far away!
How about you? Do you like photo projects? Have you done any cool ones I should give a shot? 🙂