HOLY HELL PEOPLE. Did you know that as miserable as it is to be sick, it’s 100xxxxxx times worse to have both of your innocent, confused children spewing forth fluids from both ends?
Today I woke up nervous because it was a *BIGDAY* at work. Meaning – there is a huge project implementation that is starting today (it’s a massive 5 day process) that I am in charge of, and it already failed one month ago so I was praying all would go smoothly this time since it’s a HUGE problem for the providers if it fails again.
- 5:00 Both kids are awake – one with a poopy diaper & horribly red bottom, the other in a soaking wet bed because she had peed through her pull-up.
- 8:00 I arrive at work and chug a rare coffee after a LONG morning with tired, cranky kids.
- 9:00 Receive a text from the Nanny – Stella is puking. Our nanny canNOT handle puke. She agrees to give it a bit to see if things improve because this would NOT be a good day for me to miss work.
- 10:00 The Nanny texts that Harvey’s GI issues are worsening and Stella had puked again. I head home.
- 10-1:30 I attempt to work from home to finalize some documents that are due and to watch the crazy expensive 90 minute webinar I had already signed up and paid for at work.
- 1:45 Stella pukes for the 5th time and Harvey has his 8th diaper change and 3rd outfit change thanks to GI issues. OMFG. I text work to clock me out because there is no way I can both do work and take care of my kids at this point.
- 2:00 Harvey starts puking for the first time ever – twice. Poor kids has no idea what’s going on. This is a wreck.
- 2-4:30 I take the kids out on the back deck for some fresh air and both kids take intermittent naps between puking and diaper changes. I try to stay on top of the laundry and cleaning situation. I start this post. I pray that Charlie makes it home from Denver SOON (he left at 3am to pick up some new tools for work and it’s a 600 mile round trip drive).
- 4:30 Harvey pukes all over himself and me (he was in my lap). He has now puked 3x and Stella has puked 6x. Neither has ever had a GI bug before. I guess we were lucky to make it this long without experiencing this? I give up on writing this post.
Here’s hoping it’s a short 24 hr bug. My poor kids. 🙁