HOLY HELL PEOPLE. Did you know that as miserable as it is to be sick, it’s 100xxxxxx times worse to have both of your innocent, confused children spewing forth fluids from both ends?
Today I woke up nervous because it was a *BIGDAY* at work. Meaning – there is a huge project implementation that is starting today (it’s a massive 5 day process) that I am in charge of, and it already failed one month ago so I was praying all would go smoothly this time since it’s a HUGE problem for the providers if it fails again.
- 5:00 Both kids are awake – one with a poopy diaper & horribly red bottom, the other in a soaking wet bed because she had peed through her pull-up.
- 8:00 I arrive at work and chug a rare coffee after a LONG morning with tired, cranky kids.
- 9:00 Receive a text from the Nanny – Stella is puking. Our nanny canNOT handle puke. She agrees to give it a bit to see if things improve because this would NOT be a good day for me to miss work.
- 10:00 The Nanny texts that Harvey’s GI issues are worsening and Stella had puked again. I head home.
- 10-1:30 I attempt to work from home to finalize some documents that are due and to watch the crazy expensive 90 minute webinar I had already signed up and paid for at work.
- 1:45 Stella pukes for the 5th time and Harvey has his 8th diaper change and 3rd outfit change thanks to GI issues. OMFG. I text work to clock me out because there is no way I can both do work and take care of my kids at this point.
- 2:00 Harvey starts puking for the first time ever – twice. Poor kids has no idea what’s going on. This is a wreck.
- 2-4:30 I take the kids out on the back deck for some fresh air and both kids take intermittent naps between puking and diaper changes. I try to stay on top of the laundry and cleaning situation. I start this post. I pray that Charlie makes it home from Denver SOON (he left at 3am to pick up some new tools for work and it’s a 600 mile round trip drive).
- 4:30 Harvey pukes all over himself and me (he was in my lap). He has now puked 3x and Stella has puked 6x. Neither has ever had a GI bug before. I guess we were lucky to make it this long without experiencing this? I give up on writing this post.
Here’s hoping it’s a short 24 hr bug. My poor kids. 🙁
So sorry the kiddos are sick! Hopefully they’ll feel better soon and you won’t get it either. We had our first puke incident recently too. Not fun!
Oh no! I feel your pain. We were there right before Christmas and it was the worst! Hope everyone feels better soon.
Oh man, I hear you. He-Beat had this over the weekend. Still dealing the the diarherra (baths in the middle of the night due to puking and blowouts are no fun). Think we’re finally on the mend. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. In the meantime, I’m thinking of you.
This sounds awful! Praying they get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling much better- and that you stay well!
This has not happened to us yet, knock on wood. We’ve just had food poisoning/tainted food so far with no GI issues. I would have cried…. A lot. I’m sorry your day sucked sooooo bad!
Oh no! I hope they feel better soon. We have yet to experience something like this with the kids, but I am sure it is coming now G is in school. Ugh. Hang in there!!
We’ve never had puking from two kids on the same day, but a couple times with Gracie, it’s felt that way. Hers are always at night. She goes to bed fine, then wakes up about two hours later with her first puke, then rest of the night, it’s up every 2-3 hours to change her clothes, her sheets, whichever parent is sleeping with her bc she’s sick’s clothes, a load of laundry. It’s happened a handful of times with the first being at 15 months. So I feel soooo bad for Harvey this time. 🙁 when they’re too little to understand, it’s the worst of the worst. I hope they feel better tomorrow and that you don’t get it. There’s a scene in The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood where all her kids get stomach sick. I saw it yeeeeeears ago, WAY before I had kids, and it stuck in my brain hard. I’ve been terrified of a moment like that since that movie came out. Good luck tonight.
Oh Josey. My heart goes out to you. I hope everyone is healthy soon. You are a warrior mama!
O M G ! We went through this over the Christmas break, both daughter and baby had diarrhea, I swear I was changing close to 16 diapers a day over 2 weeks! it will pass I promise… when we finally went to the doc on day 10 he’s like, you’re doing fine, no meds needed lol and of course I just go that bill.. oh the joys of parenthood 🙂
Oh poor kids! And poor you Josey! Hope the bug is over quickly and that the big five day process is well under way. xx
Oh hon your poor babies – big fat hugs and healing to you all x
Oh poor babies and poor you! Hang in there! It’s almost the weekend!!
What rotten timing! Just about as rotten as when our kids were plagued with the stomach bug the week we moved. Hopefully it’s not like ours, but just as fair warning, we had puking for nine days. NINE! But it was usually only once a day so maybe they knocked it all out it one. Hope the project at work is going as good as can be expected! Feel better, kiddos!
In a week you will wonder how you survived. I hope the little ones are better quick!! I’d grab a can of Lysol and spray the house down. After you’ve gotten a hot shower and some sleep of course.
Poor babies!!! And poor Mommy too. Having kids be sick is the WORST – I’d rather be the sick one any day. Hope all are feeling better now.
Yeah, we ALL ended up sick too, which was pretty much the worst. 🙁
Poor kiddos…poor mama! I hope everyone is better now.
Holy cow! I saw this on Instagram but I had no idea it was this bad. Poor babies! 🙁