February Fitness Goals Recap
- Mental Health: Take a page from my Mom’s book – slow & steady wins the race.
- Well, it was slow… not so much steady? But it was a chill month for me with food & drink overall, so that’s good.
- Nutrition: Continue to make mason jar salads and only drink beer 2-3x/week.
- Did great with the salads (I eat them every weekday still!), drank less than before, but still drank more than 2-3x/week.
- Fitness: Average 30m exercise/day & get 7,500 steps/day on my Fitbit.
- I did it! Not sure how, but I averaged exactly 30min of dedicated exercise a day and 7,503 steps/day. Wahoo!
My weight went from 161.6# to 159.9# in February, but it all honesty it pretty much vacillated between those two ranges throughout the entire month. I’m glad I ended in the 150s though, and I really want to try to stay in that range or lower from now on.
- Work on my diastasis recti – for real this time. After doing some research, it looks like Fit2B is the place to start for some great diastasis recti exercises. The workouts are 10-30 minutes long, and everything I’ve read/heard from friends is that it feels like you’re doing not doing much but that the exercises are super effective if you DO them… so that’s my specific goal. Awhile back I tried the Five Foundational Routines, so now I’m going to follow their Beginning Workout Path and let you know what I think!
- Track my calories in MFP again. I can maintain without tracking – I cannot lose consistently without tracking. That’s just my reality. Annoying, but true.
Here we go again!