First off, I’m tired of writing monthly fitness posts that basically say I gave up again, I failed again, I put my health on the back burner again.
My March goal results — not so great:
- Work on my diastasis recti. I completely failed at doing this. It took me a week to get signed up with Fit2B, and then they gave a free membership to try it and write a review (which I will – after THIS month I guess!), and then my hard drive on my computer crashed so I’ve had no computer at home, and excuses excuses excuses.
- Track my calories in MFP again. I tracked quite a bit, but not enough, and with quitting nursing this past month, my weight has actually gone up a few pounds (sitting in the 162-163# range).
So here’s the deal… I’m working on a new plan of attack and keeping myself accountable. I will outline it all later this month, but here are my main motivators right now:
- Our New Budget: I signed up for EveryDollar (Dave Ramsey’s new budget app) and put our info in yesterday. It was… eye opening. No wonder we are going into debt every month. Our grocery/eating out/alcohol budget is going to be undergoing a major overhaul this month, and that bottom line change will most definitely have a positive affect on my waistline.
- A New Fitness Program: I’m talking with an old IF blog friend who is now a Beachbody coach, and I’m going to try one of her #21DayFix plans starting April 12th. I’m excited to have a plan to follow (it works well for my TypeA self) and to have a coach to go to for advice on stuff.
- Measurement Numbers: I took my measurements this morning for the first time since September. In 7 months, my bust is down 1.5″ (boo! nursing days are done and my boobs are sad, saggy sacks right now), my belly is up 1″, and my hips are up 1.5″ – no wonder clothes are tight on me! Those are basically my measurements from last June, except my boobs are way, way smaller, which means proportionally I turning into a pear. I am not okay with this – it’s time to buckle down!
With the longer, sunny days I’m feeling refreshed and ready to tackle my health again. I’m throwing a baby shower on May 2, I’m taking a vacation on May 22, and summer is coming – I want to feel good about myself for these events!