- Some days you are running behind because both of your kids ended up in your bed at 5:15am (UGH) but somehow they magically both fell back asleep so you cuddled with them until 6:15am until you silently crept out of bed started your workout late.
- Some days you decide to pack your kid’s school lunch for the first time because she has a field trip and because of your procrastinating you don’t have time to make your own breakfast.
- Some days you are running crazy behind when your mother-in-law shows up to get the kids and you make it to your weekly office meeting 5 minutes late and you feel like a failure when it comes to being organized and on top of things.
- Some days you get a call from your mother-in-law that the field trip you got your daughter psyched up for was actually scheduled for tomorrow – oops. Related, you still haven’t had breakfast.
- Some days you decide to eat your salad at 10am because you’re so hungry, but you realize too late it has red onions on it and now your entire office hates you.
- Some days you spend your morning at work on the phone with the tow company trying to talk them into towing your husband’s stupid truck for less than $200 so you can spend $12,000 fixing it. #headdesk
- Some days it’s not even noon and you just want to go back to bed.
But some days…
- Some days you wake up full of joy for a close friend who finally felt comfortable coming out and telling the world who he is and you rejoice that your husband has such great friends and that #loveislove.
- Some days you wake up and sing happy 60th birthday to your father-in-law and reflect on how lucky you are to have such fantastic in-laws.
- Some days you are happy that you crushed the workout you didn’t want to start, and you look at your progress pics from the past 4 weeks and realize that every single workout has been worth it.
- Some days you rejoice in the fact that you have great friends and a great family and that overall, you are so freakin’ happy.
- Some days you thank the Lord that you live in this beautiful little town that is a pretty amazing place to raise your kids.
Some days you just have to choose to remember the good instead of the bad. The exciting instead of the terrifying. The joy instead of the stress. And the love. Always the love.