I wrote one of these about a year and a half ago, but I wasn’t exercising at the time and I was still pumping at work and breastfeeding through the night, so my schedule has changed pretty drastically since back then and I figured it was time for a new one. Skip if you want, but I always find it kind of interesting to read back on what my days were like and also to see how other people structure their days! Right now I have an almost 2 year old and an almost 4 year old, I work outside the home 4 days a week for 9-10 hours a day, and I’m working out 6 days a week and figuring out this whole coaching thing in my free time. Somewhere in there I’m also trying to balance LIFE and MARRIAGE and ME TIME. You know, the usual. Ha!
- 5:45 – Wake up to the sound of Charlie getting ready for work. Groan & roll out of bed. Throw on my workout clothes, brush my teeth, put my hair in a ponytail, and head downstairs. Mix up a quick Shakeology drink to get some calories in me before my run. (lately if it’s snowing or something I jump on the elliptical instead)
- 6:00 – Head out the door with my iPhone in hand. Start MapMyRun with some music and head out. Run 3 miles… though I still have to walk portions of miles 2 & 3, so I try to do some solid intervals during that time.
- 6:35 – Roll back into the house just in time for Charlie to leave for work. Start my 30 minute PiYo Sculpt video & pray the kids keep sleeping.
- 7:05 – Both kids are up and talking. I poke my head in their room and ask Stella to get dressed for school and entertain her brother for a bit while I jump in the shower.
- 7:15 – I’m showered and dressed, so I bring the kids downstairs and set them up with some breakfast (oatmeal & berries) at the counter along with my parents on Skype for their morning breakfast chat. I run back upstairs to do hair & makeup while my parents talk to the kiddos.
- 7:30 – I’m back downstairs throwing together my breakfast – spinach sauteed in a homemade garlic lemon dijon sauce, 2 eggs over-easy, and fruit.
- 7:45 – The Nanny arrives, so Stella and I head out the door to school! I still have to sign her into her classroom each day, but it only takes a couple of minutes to do the drop off process at this point, so I’m out of there and walking into work by 8am.
The Work Day
- 8:00-1:00 – Work work work. I’m the admin/project manager at the local family practice medical center, and I keep trying to figure out how to reduce the ridiculous piles that have taken over my desk. Piles of paper STRESS ME OUT.
- 1:00ish – Lunch Break! I head home (a 3 minute drive) and throw my mason jar salad onto a plate to eat while I chat with the Nanny & my best friend who is there to nurse her baby. Harvey used to be awake during this time, but since switching him to 1 nap he’s usually out for the count by the time I get home. I try to spend some time on Facebook catching up on friends & Beachbody stuff since I have a few free minutes.
- 1:30/2:00-5:30/6:00ish – Work some more! Mid-afternoon I’m usually starting to drag so I make a quick Shakeology drink & down it before getting back at it.
- 5:30 – Prep dinner (tacos) and chat with Charlie while the kids play. Sometimes we crack a couple beers, but lately I’ve been trying to stick to water. On bad nights I don’t get home until closer to 6 and Charlie sometimes tries to prep dinner or else everything below gets shifted back by 30 minutes.
- 6:00 – Dinner time! Ask Stella all about her day at school and talk about our days at work. Sometimes the kids eat, sometimes they stare at their plates and whine, so then they go to bed without dinner because I refuse to play into that battle. Luckily tacos are almost always a win, so they crush their food tonight.
- 6:15 – 7:30 – Charlie and I email out a couple bids quickly for his company and then we play with the kids before bedtime.
- 7:30 – 8:00 – Get kids into PJs, brush teeth, read books, and off to bed.
- 8:00 – We crawl into bed and turn on another episode of MadMen. Charlie gets cranky because I’m on my phone e-mailing and Facebooking my Beachbody customers about their progress, questions, etc. and not concentrating enough on the show. I laugh at him for getting mad at me for multi-tasking our joint screen time. Lately we’ve been watching two a at time on DVR (which are 40-45 minutes apiece), so by 9:30 we turn the TV off and Charlie conks out shortly thereafter.
- 9:30 – If I can’t sleep (like tonight), I’ll get up and go downstairs and do another hour of blog reading, Beachbody challenge updating, etc. I try really hard to be in bed asleep by 10:30 though so I can do it all again the next day!
So there ya go! We of course have random off days where Charlie has beer with buddies or a pick up game of basketball after work or I go out for drinks with the girls or or work late or whatever, but by and large, that’s what our days look like lately. Busy, but good! 🙂