Today is my 34th birthday, and I’m not nearly as happy, hot, and healthy as I’d like. I’m a Type-A detail person, so it’s time to lay out some solid time-specific goals (otherwise known as SMART goals) for myself for the next year. A few of the goals & rewards I have set for myself y’all might find a little crazy, but they’re what are going to motivate me for this next year! I want to hit 35 feeling fantastic about myself. It is time!
Starting Stats: 166#, 25.1 BMI, 34% body fat, size 10 (31) pants & M/L tops
1st phase – 3 months/13 weeks (January 20 – April 20)
- Lose 15# and 5% body fat. I know that sounds lofty, but early weight loss is the easiest, and I know that clean eating will drop that first 5# no problem. I’m hoping to take a vacation to Hawaii with one of my girlfriends the last week of April, and I want to feel GOOD in a bathing suit by then. She is super fit & hot, and I’d love to hold my own with her on the beach. 😉
- Complete at least 3 rounds of 21 Day Fix or 21 DFX and commit to being an inspiration to my Beachbody clients!
2nd phase – 3 months/13 weeks (April 20 – July 20)
- Lose 5# and 2% body fat. That would put me comfortably in the 140s, which would be a super healthy weight for my 5’8″ body.
- Complete a 60 day PiYo/Running challenge as the weather gets warmer. I had such great results with that program last fall for the first month when it was warm enough to run, and I really want to get back at it!
- Complete a 10k on the 4th of July
3rd phase – 3 months/13 weeks (July 20 – October 20)
- Maintain my weight around 145#. Lose 2% body fat. Continue to eat clean & exercise.
- Complete a half marathon on August 13th
- Get a tattoo. I’ve wanted a large tattoo on my back for nearly 10 years now, and with a sculpted back & arms, I’ll finally be ready to do it & show it off. 🙂
4th phase – 3 months/13 weeks (October 20 – January 20)
- Maintain my weight around 145#. Lose 1% body fat. Continue to eat clean & exercise.
- Not go crazy over the holidays.
- Get a breast lift/augmentation. Assuming we are done having kids (99% sure), I’ve always said I wanted them back in place and nice again when I was done with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Probably a few of you think I’m crazy, and a few of you are nodding your heads in agreement with me. Ha!
Goal Ending Stats: 146#, 22.2 BMI, 24% body fat, with an awesome tattoo and fake boobs
So there ya go! My plan for the year. Am I the only one who needs to write it all out to make it happen?
GREAT goals! I’m a goal girl too, 8-10 weeks at a time for me – I got bored with 12 weeks. Ha!
I’m having a hell of a time staying at 140. It’s all diet… ALL diet. I’m happy with body fat, strength, etc but that damned # on the scale. And I KNOW how to fix it. It’s stupid!
I’m excited for you!
Yeah, I might break the 13 weeks into 2 shorter segments if I find I need shorter/smaller goals along the way. This is my master plan though!
Funny – I may add 2 to my schedule. 😉
Happy birthday! Awesome goals, although the boob job made me snort a little 😉
Do you have races picked out? I’m running my first 10k next month and wondering whether I should try a half in the fall. Not sure I like running enough for that though!
Chiming in here. 😉 If you pick the RIGHT half marathon, you’ll love it! Denver has a, great running community so ask around for the one that is A flattest (seriously!) and B has the best crowd support along the entire route. Crowd support and entertainment makes ALL the difference! I’ve run 4 and my favorite was in Minnesota because of the tremendous crowd! I would do it every year if it wasn’t so hard to get into!
Yes – the 10k and the half are both around here. You should come down for a visit and run one (or both) of them with me!
Oh, and you have NO idea how sad and saggy and deflated my boobs are at this point. I just want to wear clothing (or be naked!) without being so self-conscious about the sad state of affairs going on there. 🙂
Avery asks me why my boobs are so tired (aka saggy).
I call them sad.
Holy Type A! Those are specific goals. You get it girl! 🙂
Specific is the only way to hold myself to it. 🙂
Yowza. I read along pretty flatly and then BAM was blindsided by a couple there at the end 🙂 Good luck! And good work getting it all out there.
Hahaha. Had to see who actually read this post to the end you know. 😉
Happy Birthday! Good luck with all your goals; having a very specific plan like this should really help. 🙂
This is great! I should do something along these lines since I struggle with long-term consistency. I would like to run a Disney half marathon the year I turn 40 (in 4 years). God, that is such a weird thing to even type out.
Oh and I love your goal ending stats! Ha! I’d love to have my boobs done but I’m not sure I could handle the recovery. I’m sure you’ll post about how that goes.
Happy birthday! Very impressed with your well thought out goals. I hope you hit each and every one! Especially interested in the tattoo and boob job. 😉
Happy birthday! Love the goals. I keep saying to my husband when I get to a good weight I am getting my boobs done. Reduction and shape , he is anti the reduction haha.
After nursing for 3 years and TTC another 1.5 years, I thought we wouldn’t/couldn’t have more kids and I got a breast augmentation and then miracle baby 3 months later… that being said I still don’t regret it and encourage it all the way! Even pregnant, I feel more confident and fit my clothes better… I am concerned about being about to BF this time but I still don’t regret it. Go for it!!
I like everything about this comment 🙂
My friend had a boob job and reduction after her twins and then had a surprise baby – she was able to breastfeed and pump! I bet you do great! And if you can’t, that’s OK. Don’t worry about it…. baby will eat somehow!
What a great visualization and goal chart JoJo! Several things you’ve talked about for years, for sure, along with your “fun rewards” 🙂 haha. Excited for you to continue on this journey. Think how AWESOME it will be to get to 35 and be in THE BEST shape of your life. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I will literally write out a goal plan like this as well. Having specific weights/percentages to look at seems way more motivating to me. Good luck! 🙂
Lol. I love the summary at the end.
I am struggling to decide whether or not to get ny boobs done. I hate them now but just not sure i ready to tale the plunge yet.
I sure you can hit all of those goals!
I love this! I’m all about goals and plans and geek out on reading about others. And good for you on the boobs!
[…] week I wrote a breakdown of my 12 month plan to age 35, so this week I decided to break down what I plan to accomplish in these first three months. As a […]